Wanted Salkida speaks out on links to Boko Haram

boko haram flag

boko haram flag

EMEKA OKONKWO 
ABUJA, (CAJ News) – JOURNALIST Ahmed Salkida, one of three people the Army has declared wanted for alleged links to the Boko Haram terror group, has  denied the allegations.

He nonetheless said he would return to the country to face a probe.

“The statement declaring me wanted seeks culpable grounds to punish me on  ccount of ‘last two videos released by Boko Haram terrorists and other  findings… by the Army,” said Salkida on Monday.

The communication came a day after Salkida was among persons accused of having links to the Boko Haram and aware of the whereabouts of the  schoolgirls kidnapped by the sect northeast of Nigeria in 2014.

He highlighted his “status as a Nigerian journalist who has reported extensively, painstakingly and consistently on the Boko Haram menace in  the country since 2006 is an open book known to Nigerians and the international community.”

“Equally, my total allegiance and sacrifice to the Federal Republic of Nigeria is self evident. I have stayed within the creed of professional journalism in my work.”

He said as testimony to the “credible”and “professional values of my access”, since May 2015, he had been to Nigeria three times on the invitation of Federal Government agencies.
“I made personal sacrifices for the release of our Chibok daughters,” he said.

“Finally, the Army is aware that I am not in Nigeria presently,” said the journalists whose whereabouts could not be ascertained.

“In the coming days I will seek to get a flight to Abuja and avail myself to the Army authorities. Indeed, my return will be hastened if the Military sends me a ticket.”

CAJ News

Pin It

Comments are closed.