Nigerians race against time to register in job portal

Unemployed Nigerians

Unemployed Nigerians

by OKORO CHINEDU
LAGOS, (CAJ News)
– UNEMPLOYED Nigerians have been urged to register at the online job portal of the Social Intervention Scheme of the Federal
Government ahead of the lapse of the exercise on Wednesday.

Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige bemoaned the low response to the registration exercise.

“Unfortunately as we speak, by last week, the portal has only recorded about 1,2 million persons,” said Ngige.

“We expect more persons to have been registered in the portal before our screening exercise. The portal closes 31st August 2016 which is just few
days away,” Ngige said as he launched the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) School-to-Work Programme in Calabar, Cross River State
this past weekend.

He said for members of the public that were not computer literate would get assistance from state governments.

Each state of the federation is expected to recruit about 1500 people.

Meanwhile, Ngige welcomed the School-To-Work programme as an expression of a renewed vigour by his ministry to empower youth.

It is two-month vacation creative job learning scheme for students in junior secondary level.

“We are building a generation of Nigerians where creative thinking, self-confidence and dignity of labour will challenge the prevailing
unemployment scourge,” said Ngige.

“We are building a generation of Nigerians who will not only create wealth with their hands but are proud employers with skills from hands that God
has given them.”

– CAJ News

Pin It

Comments are closed.