By EMEKA OKONKWO
ABUJA, (CAJ News) – THE Anambra State Government has alerted members of the public of some fraudulent documents Valentine Obienyem, an employee of the former governor of the state, Peter Obi, was circulating in the media.
In the documents, he is said to be making false allegations of misuse of funds by the current premier, Willie Obiano.
“The documents contain spurious and incredulous claims of how Peter Obi’s phantom N75 billion was allegedly spent by the governor of Anambra State,” said Obinao’s spokesperson, James Eze.
“Curiously, Obienyem himself had admitted in a live programme on Channels Television on Wednesday November 18, 2015 that former governor Obi did not leave the sum of N75bn in cash to his successor.”
Eze said the documents were “nothing but products of the fevered imagination” of former Governor Obi and his agents who were out to destabilise the “high-performing” administration of Obiano. “They should therefore be ignored by the general public,” he said.
Eze said in the spirit of Obiano’s continuity promise, the government of Anambra State had accepted all the liabilities left behind by the Obi administration and had since paid out the sum of N35 billion on the
projects inherited from the outgone administration.
He said as of July 31, the Obiano administration had achieved an additional 19, taking the completion rate to 61,6 percent on inherited projects from the past administration.
Eze said the Obiano administration has so far spent some 50,8 percent of its Federal Account Allocation Committee Revenues on settling payment certificates from inherited projects from the past administration.
“Nevertheless, the Obiano administration shall continue to honour all verifiable financial obligations entered by the previous administration on behalf of the government of Anambra State.”
– CAJ News