20 killed in Gubio mosque bomb explosions

Malkohi Internally DisplacedPersons’ camp bombingBy AUGUSTINE OSAYANDE
ABUJA, (CAJ News) – AT least 20 people have been killed following bomb explosions at two mosques in Gubio town of Borno State.

Hassan Ibrahim, a member of the local youth vigilante group, confirmed the attack on Wednesday.

He said the explosions occurred when Muslim followers were entering the mosques for prayers.

Ibrahim said the blast was from bombs believed to have been planted by suspected members of the Boko Haram insurgents.

A medical doctor, at the Borno State Specialists Hospital, who spoke anonymously, said the hospital management had been informed about the incident.

He said the facility was expecting corpses to be deposited.

“The incident has been reported to the authority while arrangement for the evacuation of victims to medical facilities within the state capital (Maiduguri) has been concluded,” the doctor said.

Borno State has suffered the highest incidents of the Boko Hara insurgency.

– CAJ News

Pin It

Comments are closed.